Monday, December 21, 2009

Yesterday was the big blizzard of 2009. My area in NJ seemed to get hit a little less than the surrounding areas, Philadelphia, and NYC. But it seemed like an opportune time to take the huskies out and get some footage for my second movie project. All I had to work with was my iphone, so it was a good chance to test the video quality. My dogs are pretty unpredictable, sometimes they can play for hours, yet other times they will just want to nap. Yesterday there was a fair mix of play and laying around in the snow. I didn't have much time to get great footage because my hands were freezing, but I was able to get some.

Having done a movie project this before, this one took a lot less time once I was able to import the videos from my phone. Imovie is remarkably intuitive to use and splicing together frames was very easy. For my music I chose "Been Caught Stealing" by Jane's Addiction. Watching the footage of my dogs immediately made me think of this song since it includes dog barking in the intro. Also my huskies routinely play tug of war with a stick and try to steal it from each other. But by the time I got my phone out and started recording they were beginning to lose interest. Overall, I think my final movie project was successful, but I wished I had more time to elaborate on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment